An Editing/Proofreading Primer For Writers
|Image courtesy of Stuart Miles |
If you've missed any of these editing and feedback posts, here's the entire list in one place.
- Editing: Removing Word Repetition
- Who's Telling the Story: Exploring 3 Point of View Options
- Who's Talking Now? Using Multiple Points of View
- What Is Omniscient Point of View and How Do You Write It?
- Why Should You Use Active Verbs?
- Recognizing and Eliminating Adverbs In Your Writing
- Story Time Line: 7 Steps to Checking For Issues
- 4 Ways To Identify Problems With Plot and Flow
- The Importance of Setting the Scene In Your Writing, Part 1
- The Importance of Setting the Scene In Your Writing, Part 2
- Getting Your Facts Straight: 5 Useful Sources
- Scene Blocking: What It Is, Why Do It, and How
Although this doesn't cover everything our group focuses on during our critique meetings, it gives you can idea of some of the areas we focus on.
What about your writing group or beta readers? What kind of feedback do they give you?