Writing Dialogue: A Primer
If you missed those two posts, please check them out:
Out of curiosity I searched my posts and found nine more related to dialogue. Some of these are from several years ago, so I decided to share them here as a writing dialogue primer. They don't cover everything, and some of these posts discuss more than dialogue, but they do offer more than the punctuation tips in my two previous posts.
- Improving Your Writing: Generic Words Begone!
- Coming Home: What We Missed
- Avoiding Cliches: A Day Late and a Dollar Short
- Reality vs Fiction: Writing to Genre
- Dialect in Dialogue: When To Use It
- 4 Guidelines for Writing Realistic Dialogue
- 3 Fundamental Rules for Writing Correct Dialogue
- 5 Tips for Creating Conflict in Dialogue
- 3 Dialogue Lessons From a Hesitant Hug
If you have any ideas for further posts on dialogue or want to ask a question, feel free to comment here or comment on one of these posts.