Did You Know A Giraffe Attended Thanksgiving?
Happy Thanksgiving for my readers in the US! For the rest of you, hope you're having a great Thursday.
Although, we have no proof of a giraffe pilgrim, we do have this picture. Hmmm, you never know. LOL.
Thanks to getting Covid earlier this month (happy birthday to me), I'm just getting around to thinking about what I'm thankful for. I won't spend forever on a list, but I do want to hit some highlights.
I'm thankful for:
- My family. They are my reason for most everything I do each and every day.
- YOU! Thank you for reading my posts!
- Fans of my books, both current and future. Authors spend thousands of hours creating stories for your enjoyment, so when you appreciate our hard work, it's very gratifying. I especially appreciate fans who review and/or share the books with others.
- The Giraffe Conservation Foundation for their work to keep giraffes as part of our world.
- My mother for teaching me how to make her sweet potato pudding and her nutty fingers--a family tradition for as long as I can remember.
- Roxy, my miracle dog who against all odds is still with us. In July 2021, we were told she might have 6-9 months to live thanks to an inoperable tumor. They predicted a steady decline of her ability to walk or eat until the tumor took her from us. Not only is she still here, but she runs, jumps, plays, and gobbles up food. Yes, she's 9 years old, so she's slowing down, but except for the muscle atrophy in her head, you would neve know she has anything potentially wrong with her.
- The Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and all the wonderful memories watching it brings me.
- Friends who stay in touch.
- All the wonderful people I have met over the past two years as I've attended sff cons and writing cons. You're now part of my extended family!
What are you thankful for this year?